Tuesday, April 5, 2011

San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair)

"If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair."  I absolutely LOVE this song by Scott McKenzie, at least once a week I play it on my way into work.  And after I saw the Chez Delaney plate with the 60s flowers on them, this song popped into my head and I knew I needed to do a mani with the flowers while listening to this song.


I started out with a base of my usual color for french tips, Girly by Orly.  I then used plate M19 from Konad and added french tips with Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Silver Sweep.  It didn't even occur to me until after I had already done the next step to start taking pictures!


I added the "In a Hurry" top coat before I went any further, just in case I screwed up with the stamping.  I go back in forth between really loving the Seche Vite and really loving the In A Hurry top coat.  Sometimes I'll use both in a single mani!  Anyways, I used China Glaze's For Audrey (my all time favorite color of theirs!) with one of my fauxnad plates B57.  I'm sure it's a knock-off of a Konad plate, I just don't know which one!  I got it on eBay for .99 cents so I don't really care either!  :)


I used my Chez Delaney plate D10 to do the flowers with the white special Konad polish.  I broke up the image and put different flowers in different places so none of the nails were exactly the same.


This is hands down one of my most favorite manicure I've ever done.  I got so many compliments on these nails, even from guys!  I think I kept them on for three days, which as you know if a lifetime for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment