Monday, March 28, 2011

Purple Rain

I'm assuming it is not at all hard to guess what song will be the song of the day with a polish named Purple Rain!  That's right, "Purple Haze," by Jimi Hendrix, fine fine, it's not that song, but that's a sweet song nonetheless...  The song of the day is, "Purple Rain," by none other than Prince is the inspiration for this manicure.  I used Nubar's glorious polish Purple Rain as the base for these nails.


I added a coat of Seche Vite after completing the Purple Rain before I started stamping.  I will add also that this Nubar polish was virtually impossible to photograph.  There was so much more sparkle in it than the camera could grab.  It's so beautiful in person!


I then broke out my Fauxnad plate B21 (it's a circle plate) that I got on eBay for .99 cents including shipping...  Gotta love eBay right?!


I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Silver Sweep for the stamping.  I love the Insta Dri line for stamping because it's so thick like the Konad polishes and it comes in a trillion colors.  It seems every time I go to the store they've come out with new colors.


I also love that you can get it for half the price of the Konad special polishes!  Anyways, I really loved this mani, it was just simple and yet really eye grabbing all at the same time.I'm definitely going to be using this Nubar polish in some future nails!


No comments:

Post a Comment