Friday, January 27, 2012

Kokomo

One of my friends was having a beach themed party a couple of weeks ago.   Obviously I thought that was a magnificent chance to do some very colorful nails I wouldn't normally wear!


I started out doing a water marble with a yellow, pink, purple, and a light blue/green color.  Of course I didn't think to take a picture of the nails without the stamps on them to show the water marble.  I did really like the look of it.  The colors were very tropical together.  Almost looked like a sun set.


I also do a base of white before I do any water marbling, it seems to make the colors pop a lot better, especially with colors like these.  If I'm doing a two toned water marble with say black and pink, I usually put the pink down as my base.


I used a combination of Chez Delaney, Bundle Monster, and Salon Express plates to achieve this look.  I used the black special Konad polish to stamp with.


As always I topped everything off with a coat of Seche Vite and off I went!  I was the hit of the party!  Even Eric liked them :)


"Kokomo," by The Beach Boys, gets my vote for song of the day.  Especially because of this video, nothings wrong with having to look at a little John Stamos!  Yummy yummy.  I love this song, just reminds me of sitting on a beach drinking something with an umbrella in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment