Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kiss The Sky

Hate.  Hate.  Hate.  Hate.  Hate.  Hate.  Hate.  Have I mentioned how much I HATE these nails?  They looked so cool in my head.  They really did.  They just didn't turn out anything like I had envisioned.  Well I guess as I always say, tomorrow is another nail day.  Hopefully I'll like those better!


I started out doing streaks of three different polishes, after my base coat that is.  I used two Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes and a no name dark blue polish that's been in my collection for years.


When I started out I was very neat and used a piece of blue painters tape to mask off each section, but I got impatient and I just started to do them without it.  I think I would have liked this mani much better had I sponged on the different colors and not had such stark lines.  Hindsight is always 20/20.


 I used Konad plate M79 and stamped the clouds on with the Konad white special polish.


I finished everything off with a coat of Seche Vite.  Honestly I didn't even have these nails on an hour before I was grabbing for my nail polish remover!


So the song of the day is one of my three favorite Motley Crue songs, "Kiss the Sky."  Honestly I could listen to nothing but this song ever again.  I've noticed I've been listening to a lot of Crue lately, so you'll all be stuck with them being my inspiration!  Enjoy!


Base Coat: Essie Sensitivity Base Coat
Light Blue: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri -Blue Away
Medium Blue: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri -Brisk Blue
Dark Blue:  Unknown dark blue
Image Plate: Konad M79
Stamping Polish: Konad White Special Polish
Top Coat: Seche Vite

No comments:

Post a Comment