Friday, January 20, 2012

Glitter

As many of you know by now, my favorite band is Motley Crue.  I was sort of inspired by their song, "Glitter," after the fact.  Every time I looked at this mani I got that song in my head. The silver just looks like tiny bits of glitter floating down from the ceiling, I love the look of it.


I started with a coat of Sinful Colors', Black on Black, and then used a cotton ball to sponge on the LA Color's polish, Live.  If I had to do this again I would use a sponge, but I didn't have one handy and I didn't feel like digging through my makeup bag to find one.


I put the polish on the back of one of my image plate holders and then dipped the cotton ball into the polish, tapped it off a couple times, then dapped it onto the nail.


Then I grabbed my Red Angel imgae plate RA-119 and stamped onto two of the nails with Sally Hansen's Chrome polish in Red.  I love, love, love the chrome polishes, they stamp like a dream.


I finished it all off with a coat of Seche Vite and away I went.  I really loved these nails.  I adored the way they sparkled whenever I typed today, or did anything for that matter!  And I got a billion compliments and questions about them.  They were definitely one of my most talked about manis of late!


Now, the important part of today!  Motley Crue.  :)  This is a song that my twin brother used to play CONSTANTLY on our way home from high school and I, shockingly enough, HATED it.  But I've since learned to love it!  Who would have thought, me hate anything by Crue!  It makes me think of my bro every time I hear it and I miss him since he's far away at grad school now.  By the way, I would like to point out, that it is certainly not the lyrics that make me think of my bro, Eric just pointed out how bad that sounded if anyone listens to them!  Well, without further ado, "Glitter."


Base Coat: Essie Sensitivity Base Coat
Nail Color: Sinful Colors - Black on Black
Sponge Color: LA Colors - Live
Stamping Color - Sally Hansen Chrome - Red
Nail Plate - Red Angel - RA-119
Top Coat: Seche Vite Top Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment