Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tigertailz

My, my, my, you aren't even prepared for how lucky you are with the song that inspired me tonight.  First though, I'll give you a look at the manicure, then I'll let you enjoy the rockingness of the very underrated, but incredible hair metal band, Tigertailz.  (And yes, I'm positive that rockingness isn't a word, but it should be!)


The base color is a franken tan, I used an unnamed Playboy brand tan polish, with the two Sinful Colors polishes: Easy Going and Nirvana.  I didn't have a tan that I liked so I had no choice but to mix one up.  I didn't think it was worth buying something new when I probably wouldn't wear it very often and I really didn't feel like going out to a store at 4:00am.


I then stamped the nails with the Bundle Monster plate BM-223.  Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I didn't stamp the image very well and had to add something else to it.


Since I had made my own base coat for this and not made enough, when I screwed up my stamping on a couple of the nails I was not able to take the polish off and start again.  So I had to improvise.

I grabbed my favorite black polish, which I don't even know the name of.  I bought it only because of the bottle, which I absolutely love.  However it doesn't have a label or anything on it and I didn't think to save the packaging at the time.  I'm sure that any polish would work for this though.  I just made a straight line down the edge of each nail.  I was going to use my new blue painters tape to mask them off as I wanted them perfect, but as usual I couldn't find it at 4:00am when I was doing my nails.  Other than the fact that some of the black lines are thicker than others, I think it actually turned out just fine that I didn't use the masking tape.

Now for the saddest part of my tale, something very tragic happened today.  I smashed my hand into the door and broke the nail on my middle finger.  It now matches the nail on the other middle finger that I broke last week.  Damn fingers...  :)


All in all, I am extremely happy with the look of this mani, which is very rare for me, I'm never satisfied with my nails.  But these ones will defintiely be staying on for at least a day or two!  :)  Now without further ado, please enjoy the AMAZING hair metal band Tigertailz and the ROCKING, "Love Bomb Baby."


No comments:

Post a Comment