Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sixx A.M. is an amazing bad with haunting lyrics.  One of my favorite songs off their first album was a song called, "Girl with Golden Eyes."  This song, even after having listened to it a billion times, still sends a chill up my spine.  I was listening to this song while I worked on this manicure and I thought it was a fitting song for a more muted mani.


I started out with a base coat of Essie's Sensitivity Base Coat.  This is my favorite base coat of the moment.  It seems to create a really good base with staying power.


I did two coats of a brown polish from Sinful Colors.  I used Nirvana, but the polish didn't show up very well in the pictures.  The gold sort of combined with it to create a weird color on my camera.  I used a couple different cameras and nothing, but whatever you get the idea!


I then used the Sally Hansen Chrome polish in Gold to stamp the design with.  The plate I used was a Shany 2012 plate SH21.


I topped everything off with a coat of Seche Vite.  I really did like this manicure.  It was definitely more subtle than I'm used to wearing lately.  But I did get quite a few compliments on it while I was out and about that day.


Base Coat:  Essie Sensitivity Base Coat
Color: Sinful Colors - Nirvana
Stamping Polish: Sally Hansen Chrome - Gold
Plate: Shanny 2012 - SH21
Top Coat: Seche Vite

No comments:

Post a Comment