Saturday, February 26, 2011

Heavy Metal: Black and Silver

I've just recently decided that I cannot live without having shimmery nails once in a while.  If you can't have fun with your nails, where can you have fun?

Another unlikely source for my inspiration is Blue Oyster Cult, okay go ahead, conjure up the image of Will Ferrell playing the cow bell...  "Guess what?!  I got a fever and the only prescription IS MORE COWBELL!"


Ahem...Now that I have that out of my system...  On to my inspiration, Blue Oyster Cult's, "Heavy Metal: Black and Silver."  How can such classic lyrics as, "heavy metal, black and silver, fallen matter of the sun, pours itself into a place, where there was never, never one," not inspire a mani?  That's right, I have no answer!


This was done with a silver base coat and then Sinful Color's "Queen of Beauty."  This was followed up with one of my favorite water decals and a coat of Seche Vite.


Tragedy struck not more than 12 hours after I took the first picture and I broke not one, but TWO NAILS!  The HORROR!  So I did what any resourceful girl would do, trimmed them up and added another decal on as a distraction!


No comments:

Post a Comment