Friday, December 16, 2011

Rainbow In The Dark


These nails sort of came about by accident.  I was planning to spend the night at my parents house to house sit, so I packed up a bunch of polishes and all my essential nail art stuff and off I went.  Well once I got there and settled in, I dug into my bag and realized I had forgotten ALL of my nail plates!  The horror!  So I improvised with my dotting tool and I think I love the outcome.  A very rare thing for me indeed!

I started out with a base coat of Essie's Fill The Gap.  I've only used it a couple of times but I do really like it.  It seems to have good staying power and when I use it for manicures that I wear for more than a day or two it definitely helps to add staying power.  I don't like it as well as my usual Gelous, but it was all I had with me!  I then added one coat of black polish for my base, it was a no name polish that I like because it dries super fast and has an amazing bottle.  (Refer to my Tigertailz post to see the bottle!  So cool!)


I then grabbed 7 different polishes in every color of the rainbow and my favorite dotting tool.  I'll list the polishes at the very end of the post.  I put little blobs of each color on the back of the container that I use for water marbling and went to work.

I put one color at a time onto the dotting tool and made a random pattern onto each nail.  If I were to do it again, I would do all of the nails in a variation of the ring finger.  Its my favorite.  But hey, you live and learn.  The thumb is probably my least favorite, it really doesn't look like there is any rhyme or reason to the way I did it, even though there was!

When I was finished I ended with a coat of Seche Vite as usual and then went on to my right hand!  It's not as easy as I would have thought to make perfect dots close to each other and in a pattern as I thought it would be.  Who knew?!



Today's song of the day is obviously picked for it's name!  "Rainbow in the Dark," by Dio.  An amazing, amazing band that I was lucky enough to get to see shortly before Ronnie James Dio's death a couple years back.  Check out the song and enjoy!  I hope you all have a beautiful day!


Polishes:
     -Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear - Mellow Yellow
     -Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear -Pacific Blue
     -Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear -  Green With Envy
     -Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear -  Sun Kissed
     -Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear -  Bubblegum Pink
     -Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear -  Blue Me Away
     -Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri - Rapid Red

No comments:

Post a Comment