Sunday, March 13, 2011

Kiss The Sky


On a whim tonight Eric and I decided we would go to Wal-Mart at 3:00am, don't ask me why, we just do things like that!  While dragging him around the make-up isles and doing what I do best, buying nail polish, I came across the, "Kiss - Complete Salon - Acrylic Nail Kit."  My nails have been cracking and tearing lately so I decided to give this a try.  Now I have never in my life had fake nails, not even at prom, but I figured it was worth it to give it a shot.


It comes with enough stuff to do up to 5 complete applications and up to 10 fills.  The kit includes: nail glue, acrylic powder in clear, acrylic primer, acrylic liquid, and acrylic masking liquid.  I thought the masking liquid was a very cool idea and it smelled like apples when you first put it in, but within seconds the smell was gone and it was just a pungent odor of acrylic again.  It also came with a nail buffer, application brush, cuticle stick, and nail file, ooh and the nails, (duh Kel!).


Now I know that these are in absolutely NO WAY perfect and probably look like sh*t to anyone who has ever had a really nice set done by a profession, BUT I think they look pretty damn good for my very first time ever working with with stuff and for being done at 4:30 in the morning!  What do you think?  Rave reviews I hope!  Lol :)



I added a couple decals to the nails to just see what they would look like with a little decoration.  This is from a flower set that I got at Walgreens... I think... It might have been CVS pharmacy...

I also tried a set of decals that I got from eBay for a penny and yes, that's including shipping!  Sometimes you just gotta love eBay!  And they are cute too, that's what surprised me the most.  When they said a random design I got a little scared, but I was pleasantly surprised when I tore open the envelope this afternoon and saw these!


Well there you have it ladies!  What do you think?  Did I do alright for my first try?  I'll let you know what I think of the product after I've had them on a few days, but as for right now they seem pretty securely on the nail.  I've been jamming them around for a couple hours now and typing and they feel just like a real nail there!  Ooh and before I forget, the song of the day, "Kiss The Sky," by the AMAZING Motley Crue.  This is actually one of my favorite Crue songs, so it works out nicely that I'm using Kiss nails so that I can pick this as the song of the day.  Have a very lovely day ladies and as Motley Crue says, "We can fly, kiss the sky, if we try, we'll find the place that love goes, we can fly, stay so high, kiss the sky, we'll find the place that love grow."  I know that's not at all relevant, I just really love those lyrics! :)

1 comment: